While this is not the aQuellé Midmar Mile we were hoping to welcome you to in 2021, we are nevertheless grateful to be able to present the Virtual aQuellé Midmar Mile, as it gives many more a chance to complete the mile and allows the regular participants to keep adding to their Midmar Mile tally. We know many of you have questions, however, and thus we have put together this FAQ to guide you through our virtual platform.
Can I convert my normal entry into a Virtual entry?
- With the unfortunate decision to cancel the aQuellé Midmar Mile, all paid entrants’ entries will automatically be transferred to the Virtual Race. You are not required to register – it has been done for you!
When will the Virtual aQuellé Midmar Mile take place?
- From Sat 6 March to Sun 14 March, swimmers can complete their mile anytime in line with COVID-19 Restrictions, such as curfew
Where can I swim my Virtual aQuellé Midmar Mile?
- Complete your 1.6km / 1mile swim in any water body that you feel safe swimming in. A private pool, public pool, gym pool, dam, river, or the sea – as long as there is water!
- Please ensure you swim safely, as you will be swimming unsupported. Please also make sure to adhere to all COVID-19 protocols and regulations when swimming
Can I swim with a group?
- Yes of course! Please remember to adhere to social distancing at all times, and when not swimming ensure all of you wear masks
- Swimmers in a group will all have separate results, as the system processes results individually
An All In One Virtual Race Platform
Our Virtual aQuellé Midmar Mile race platform contains all the information you need in one place, so whether you need to submit your swim time, or want to check your race time to see how you faired against your mates, or you want to download your certificate (for bragging rights), it’s all in one place!
How do I upload my results?
- Visit the Virtual Swim Platform (link above) and select ‘Submit my Time’
- You will be asked to log in using your ID Number and will follow a step-by-step guide to load your swim time
- Please note that if you are using a smartwatch or app to record your swim, you will need to submit a screenshot of your activity along with your time
Can I swim without a GPS device to track my time?
- Yes, you may. To record your swim time, you can use a stopwatch or your phone. If you swim in a group, you can use the time of one of the swimmers you swim with. We want to make this event as inclusive as possible, and a great experience for all.
How do I download my certificate?
- Our Virtual Race Platform will also have a download link where you will be able to view and download your certificate. Your certificate will also be emailed to you.
If I selected the medal/towel package, how will I receive it?
- Your medal will be shipped to the address that you entered into the online form, or you can make arrangements to collect your package from various collection points that will be communicated to you when we make arrangements for couriers.