Join us in 2023 for a Charity Challenge like never before as we open up the event to include a Team Charity Challenge! With no restriction on the ages, genders or connections of team members, the field is wide open for families, friends and colleagues to join together to raise funds for fantastic causes!
- The team can comprise of 2 or more members who between them, will complete either 8 or 16 miles in total across both days.
- There is no restriction on the mix of ages or genders within the team.
- Those entering the 8 Mile Challenge will complete no more than 4 miles on each day.
- Those entering the 16 Mile Challenge will complete no more than 8 miles on each day.
How to Enter
Before the online entry is completed, your application is checked and approved by Di Doveton (Charity Challenge Co-ordinator) and the charity allocations are made. Please note that swimmers are allocated a charity to ‘swim for’ in order that funds are fairly spread across all our charity partners.
Click the button below to email Di Doveton:
On approval from the Charity Challenge Co-ordinator, each swimmer from the Team will need to enter the Charity Challenge with their individual details under a chosen Team Name
Individual Charity 8/16 Mile Challenge Entry Fee 2023
Tue 1 Nov – Fri 30 Dec
Team Charity 8 Mile Challenge
Teams will be allocated one of the following charities and will be required to raise a minimum of R10,000
Funds raised by the team will be allocated as follows:
- 50% of the total will be allocated to the charity as chosen above
- 25% of the total will be allocated to Friends of Swimming Trust
- Remaining 25% will either be split among the smaller charity partners OR will be paid by Midmar Mile Inc directly to a charity chosen by the Team (indicated on entry into the event)